Saturday, September 25, 2010

You know come to think of it...

This ISN'T my first attempt at blogging. Many a year ago when MySpace first came out and it was ALL the rage, I had a blog for less than three months. And it was cool, people actually read it, commented on it...
Then one girl loved it so much she literally stole it. Down to the title of it.

I quit the blog right then. (Though with a scathing comment on the new girl's blog that only my Cajun ass coulda delivered with a smile and a wink just for the computer screen- don't lie, you know you make faces at yours too...)

It was called "Things I'm a whore for..." and it was just lists of things I could NOT live without at the time. I covered everything from things I HAD to buy, to my love of a weekly bubble bath, to my favorite nail polish color.

NOTE: I wasn't actually out whoring for these things, the title was ironic- though I suppose if you were to ask a certain sub-section of South East Texas Society what they thought of me at the time I'm sure the word "whore" would come up in some circles- and to those circles? Me back then would have to tell ya, don't hate. Not my fault God blessed me with a kick ass body, at the time a damn good job with loads of money to blow, and a winning personality. smooches. right here. On my buttox. kthxbai.


ANYWAY...talk about digression (I'm known for it. Ask my family) I had a lot of fun doing that blog...but it seems like a rather inappropriate title for a mother of three doesn't it? Mama Allgrowedup doesn't have much time (or funds...let's face it...kids are expensive lil shits...) to be much of a whore for material things.

BUT if I had to pick a few things I'm a bit of a whore for nowadays?


They would be as follows:



Hairbows. God love my baby girls I've got a damn obsession. The little one doesn't even have that much hair yet and she has a hairbow holder full of them...It's a little pathetic but I adore it. This is Texas darlin's...and if you don't have enough hair to have BIG hair...then you need a big ole bow now don't ya?





Yellow Box Shoes. I'm a convert. At first I could NOT understand why people were spending 40 dollars on flip flops. Sure they were cute, but seriously? $40.00 for Flip flops is stupid. Then some folks got me some for my birthday. Holy Heaven are the COMFORTABLE. I'm talking it's like walking on clouds people. AND if you're smart, you  can find them on sale for about 11 bucks occassionally! (Cute as they are I'm still not spending forty frickin dollars on a pair.) I have this pair in silver now too... My feet likey.



Tony's Cajun Seasoning. I've tried a million of them. Much to my husband's dismay (NOT to mention his ulcer, po po cher' bebe) I've still never found anything to compare to Tony's. When you're cooking cajun you need to have the complete package in a tiny green container. I sprinkle this on my french fries...it's THAT GOOD.



Need I say more? Try and pretend you're not. I bet we're already friends. I bet you're already harvesting some corn on my farm... and I'm WILLING to bet you're doing it from you're Iphone. I'm not cool enough for one of those yet...but a girl can dream.






I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love me some entertainment television.


Especially this hooker. Can I BE her when I grow up please? Sigh. No I can't. I hate Vodka. Damnit.


Well that's it for the present moment. It goes without saying that these are things that I just happen to thoroughly enjoy and make me happy. Or at least entertain me when I'm having a bad case of insomnia and incredibly bored. (re: facebook)


Happy Saturday!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment