Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Words & Phrases I Over Use

I MUST over use them because there is nothing more eye opening than having a parrot for a 2 year old who repeats your every action back to you in creepy pint size mirror form....Now IS there?



5) That's Right.

I say it. I type it. It's part of my everyday lexicon. When wanting to confirm other's thoughts for them (or what I think they should be thinking)  I employ a "thaaaaaaaaaaat's right- go take out the trash" or "thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right....get your tookus in the corner young lady..." or "thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's right...keep telling yourself that..."

It's a very useful phrase.


4) Dammit.

Usually followed by a list of parental excuses to my kids as to why they can't say that. My Shadow isn't so understanding. I use this one a lot. Really need to quit that. Dammit.
(While we are on the subject of my potty mouth. SHIT.Generally either precedes or follows Dammit. I almost always find myself saying this after I've discovered the latest art project on my carpet, couch, or even better? The hubster's recliner. Did I mention her artistic element of choice is usually food and drink? It's justified swearing I assure you.)

3) I'm just sayin...

... (ya gotta throw the ellipses in there, because that indicates the awkward pause while the other party tries to comprehend what I'm just sayin.)


2)  Ridiculous.


Or in the way of the Shadow? "das didiculous..." Apparently things are often ridiculous in my house- but I will say this for myself. It's a lot better than what's actually running through my mind which is usually "That's pretty f@#$ed up."


1) Seriously (?)

It's always followed by a question mark. I never noticed how much I say this phrase until a friend pointed out to me years and years ago that people thought I was copying Meredith Grey on Grey's Anatomy. NOT so much. I've always taken the phrase quite seriously. Seriously.

NOW....just in case you're wondering what the average day in MY house is like? (and you know you are.) Let's put this in practical form of conversation...


MAMA AGU: (walks in and discovers a mess) Ah Shit. DAMMIT! Heathen? SERIOUSLY? This is RIDICULOUS! I mean... I know you're playing and all but come ON? I'm just sayin maybe use a pretend bottle for your baby dolls instead of dumping your sippy cup on Elmo?! That's Right- get a towel kiddo. We have a mess to clean up!

This list can also be combined with the litany of parental phrases my Mama-hood forces me to use on a daily basis. Examples are:

Go to the corner-                         
(I have a 2 year old- this gets said almost as often as Dammit.)

No-                                            
(Ditto)

Stop that-                                    
(Tripto)

Do I you want a spanking?       
(Quadrupto)

Do you understand me?               
(So lately Heathen #2 has taken to saying this back to me when she's fussing at me for something...I've even caught her fussing at her baby dolls and asking them if they understand her. The funny thing is that since she's still a toddler and her speech is all wishy washy it comes out "you stand me?" Nothing funnier than a kid no one understands asking everyone if they understand her...gotta love it.")

No comments:

Post a Comment