Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tell All Tuesdays...

Are back. At least this week... until I forget again. Whatever.


This week? TOP 5 Kid's ShowsI don't particularly care for. (Enthralling. I know)


Part of Being Grown means WITH kids, ironically, watching kid's shows. All.the.TIME. When you're grown without kids you escape this narrowly- though I'm willing to bet you find your television on Cartoon Network for Adult Swim at night. And NO, those don't count as kid shows.


I've sat through all of these, everyday, some for the last 4 years. Others for the last 1.5 years since my oldest daughter discovered she likes animated people. Woo.frickin.HOO.


5) Ni Hoa Kai-lan. AKA - Chinese Dora the Explorer, but not as cute. Not as entertaining, and about as annoying as her Lil pigtailed self can possibly get. She repeats. EVERYTHING she says, at LEAST six times. I'm aware that repetition is a fine teacher...but when your 2 year old is asking you "mommy, why Kailan keep saying that?" Maaaaaaaaaaay be a bit much. That child drives me nuts. Luckily for me, my kids don't care for her show either, and it's been relegated to THERE IS NOTHING ELSE ON status.



4) Sponge Bob Square Pants. Ew. Need I say more? He's gross. Patrick is gross. Squidward is a whiner and Mr. Crabs is weirdly obsessed with his whale daughter. None of them are funny and they all gross me out a good bit. The only part I really enjoy at all is the theme song. It's catchy. (Admit it....you're humming about pineapples under the sea...right...NOW)



3) Go! Diego GO!- I actually really don't have that much of an issue with Diego except that he irritates Lil Bit because he isn't Dora. And let's face it...not many folks are as cool as Dora to a 2 year old girl. She gets all excited when she sees him because she mistakenly thinks it's Dora coming on, then I have to listen to 15 minutes of WHINING about "mommy....WHERE is DORA? And BOOTS? and SWIPER?" waaaaaaaaaaaah. You won't see Dora on my list. Or Elmo/Sesame Street. As much as those two creepy works of fiction get on my nerves? They've bought a whole lot of quiet in this house. You won't catch me biting the hand that feeds me. ;-) Literally. Sometimes it's the only time I get to have a warm meal.



2)  The Fresh Beat Band. Shoot. Me. NOW. They play the same 5 episodes over and over again, my kid is OBSESSED with their songs (which incidentally, all suck and hardly qualify as music) and they are peppy. I sincerely hope none of those "kids" (they all appear to be close to my age- playing high school kids) wants an acting career outside of children's television one day...they show a reel from this show and they are likely to get laughed out of the room.


And the one that takes the CAKE?

1) Max & Ruby.

Thank GOD my Lil Bit isn't a huge fan. It's also "There is nothing else ON" status... That bossy little bitchy bunny seriously pisses me off. If I were Max I'd have to throw something hard at her...often. And where the HELL are the parent bunnies? Are these kids raising themselves? Gramma lives down the street for the love of Pete?! I see NO educational value in this show, it's NOT entertaining, and the absolute only likable character is Max- and that's because he rarely if ever speaks.





Here are some shows I will watch with my kids because they are quality entertainment, have a variety of episodes available (so you don't get stuck watching the same five) and my kids actually LEARN things from them.


Phineas & Ferb- loveloveLOVE Phineas & Ferb. My whole family does. Daddy down to Mighty Midget we actually watch this one TOGETHER.


Mickey Mouse Clubhouse- come ON....it's Mickey. Can't go wrong with Mickey.


YoGabbaGabba- Lil bit likes the music, enjoys and LEARNS from the lessons, and I get a kick out of seeing Biz Markie on TV again. What's not to like? It's like a really funky acid trip without the illicit drugs!


That's all for tell all Tuesdays! Ciao'!

3 comments:

  1. I don't really care for Kai-lan either. Her animal friends are totally emo.

    Apparently you've never been subjected to the super obnoxious Upside Down Show.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRvVhqTPmDI&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  2. List of hates:
    1. Thomas and Friends (but he loves them so much that I tolerate it)

    2. Dora - FUCK that bitch. I swear she is just trolling me when she repeats the same stuff over and over.

    3. Dinosaur Train

    Tolerable shows:

    1. Sesame Street - What hipster doesn't like some SS?

    2. Sid the Science Kid

    3. Handy Manny - If I were trapped in an alternate universe where we were all trapped in toddler tv land, I'd totally want to date Handy Manny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A- Hell no I haven't seen that! rofl and EMO is exactly the word to describe that whiny bunch of titbags she hangs out with!

    S- I tolerate Dora for the same reason you tolerate Thomas. lol She adores her.

    ReplyDelete