Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Clutter Monster aka: WHERE DOES ALL THIS CRAP COME FROM???


Yea. That atrocity to all things decorous used to be my dining room table.



Needless to say, we OBVIOUSLY don't eat there. I wish that I could tell you that this is an isolated incident...but sadly the majority of the available surfaces in my home currently look like this.

It never fails...I spend days and nights (literally, NIGHTS) finding homes for things, putting things away...


(Or, as exampled by the red dish towel on that table- throwing in the towel quite literally and heading to the fridge for wine.)


I'M SICK OF MESS. I'M SICK OF CLUTTER. I'M SICK OF STUFF!!!! 

And despite the appearances I assure you that other than the nail polish remover and one or two other items? NONE OF THAT CRAP ON THE TABLE IS MINE!!!! It's just where I put it because frankly? I don't know what the hell else to DO WITH IT ALL...


The garage is a nightmare (you cannot walk in it) and that is AFTER I went through there not a year ago, bought brand new rubber maids, organized everything, threw away A TON of stuff, and put pretty little labels on all the stuff so that it was easy to find.

Yea...YOU CAN'T WALK IN THERE.

If someone had told me that kids actually got ATTACHED to the stupid toys from McNasty's??? and that...no REALLY...they DO need to keep that broken toy because:

butmamaistilllikeiteventhoughit'sbrokenbutdaddygotmeanewoneANYWAY???


Yea... I would definitely have just gotten rid of all of my own worldly possessions to make room for all of THEIR crap.

(Oh wait...I kinda already DID...)


I've come up with a plan of action...and it quite seriously involves taking everything in this house that isn't directly related to paying the bills and either selling it or trashing it in the next month.  ( I'd get rid of ALL of it...but Mr. AGU might get mad if I threw out the checkbook and the insurance papers on the house...)


I'm giving myself a month to de-clutter, de-trash, and prepare for the mother of all yard sales.


(And if ya think I'm not crazy enough to throw a for sale sign on that piece of shit trailer then you really ought to re-read a few of these blog posts)

2 comments:

  1. LOL at the toilet paper on table . mine table is not much better , somehow we manage to eat at it too. is a bigtable , we just push the piles aside to find our place mats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're giving yourself a whole month, then I recommend that the first thing you do is bag up the kids' toys. If they don't ask for them in that entire month, then they don't really need them. Sell, sell, sell!

    ReplyDelete